The French Institute in Morocco (IFM) is calling on artists and performing arts companies to apply for its recently launched fund, which aims to support the production of live performances.
The fund will focus on producing artists in the performing arts, particularly hybrid formats that integrate digital creation and interdisciplinary presentations. It is mainly aimed at artists and companies located in Morocco.
The selection will be based on:
- The project’s artistic and technical quality.
- Relevance and feasibility.
Successful applicants will receive the following:
- Financial assistance for creation.
- The provision of rehearsal premises (depending on the project and the resources/availability of the IFM branches).
- Technical and artistic expertise with professional speakers.
Interested applicants should consider the following:
- The artist or company must be an association, self-entrepreneur or be represented by a production agency.
- The project should only concern the performing arts: theatre, music, dance, performance, circus, street arts (no film projects or exhibitions).
- The budget must be balanced and present a solid financial plan. The institute’s contribution cannot exceed 70% of the total amount.
- Particular attention will be paid to projects involving exchanges with French artists.
- The creation period runs from November 2020 to March 2022 at the latest.
- Applicants should complete the application form, which can be downloaded here(link sends e-mail).
- Presentation document of the creation project, indicating the target audiences, calendar of the different phases of creation and communication.
- The estimated budget. View the model here(link sends e-mail).
- Applicant’s profile.
- A cover letter explaining the needs and expectations of the production.
The above documents and details should be sent to the French Institute’s general manager, Juliette Marandon, at [email protected](link sends e-mail).
The application deadline is 30 October.
- The selected candidates will have to provide a financial report at the end of the project.
- The selected projects will be announced on 6 November via email.
View the original call here(link is external).